Ugadi is the best festival for all Hindus. Ugadi means new beginning. This is the Sanskrit word derived from Yug+ Aadi, this means Yug means age and aadi means begin; this implies beginning of new age. Ugadi is the festival celebrated in many states such as Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Karnataka, Maharashtra and in many other states. The Ugadi is called as Yugadi in Karnataka and Gudi Padwa in the state of Maharashtra. Every state is having some special traditions and customs as per the ethics fallowed from years.
Ugadi Pachadi Recipe Making Process – Preparation With Taste of Ugadi Pachhadi
Especially Telugu people celebrate the Ugadi festival by making puja and offering many of the special dishes to god. Telugu people of both states Andhra Pradesh and Telangana celebrate Ugadi festival very special and they prepare the Ugadi special dish Ugadi Pachadi. First this Ugadi pachadi to be offered to god and later it can be distributed to family members, relatives, friends etc. This is very special dish particularly prepared for this occasion. Today we will observe the Ugadi pachadi making. This is especially useful for people who are not aware of making Ugadi pachadi.
Ugadi Pachadi Recipe, ingredients, and making process
- Neem flowers (approximately 1 tsp)
- 2 tbsp. Finely chopped raw mango pieces.
- Salt ( as per taste)
- 1 ½ cup water
- 3 tbsp. Jaggery (as per needed)
- Tamarind as needed or 1 tsp tamarind pulp
- One pinch pepper powder
- Chunks of ripe banana
- Cashews chopped
- Putnalu/fried gram
How to make the Ugadi Pachadi recipe?
- Clean the tamarind and sock it in ½ cup of warm water.
- Chop the raw mango into fine small pieces. Pluck the neem flowers. (To pluck the flowers place them in a cloth and wrap the cloth and rub it to collect the neem springs gently. By doing this it will become easy o collect the flowers).
- Grate the jiggery and add water to it, still it well until it mixes well.
- Add the tamarind pulp, jaggary water and add the chopped mango, adequate amount of salt, neem flowers, mix them well.
- Also you can add the banana, raisins etc if you wish.